Thursday, September 23, 2010

An inspiring Thursday ...

What a wonderful day I had today!



I dropped the kids off at school/kindy and headed straight over to Prints Charming in Annandale for an embroidery workshop, hosted by co-founders Kirsten and Cath. Our group of grateful women learned how to embroider a range of stitches on a selection of Prints Charming designs which were printed on unbleached linen from Russia (with love). The threads we used were made of beautiful colours - pinks, yellows, reds and more. Needless to say, I had a BALL and promise to write a proper blog entry on this experience soon. I highly recommend anyone interested in craft or embriodery to get in quick, so you can make some thoughtful Christmas presents!



Also, I had a lovely second half of the day - which involved getting lost in order to finally find a lovely graphic designer and print maker, who I interviewed on behalf of Extra Curricular. I was not only delighted to meet this talented designer, and talk about her inspirations and process of taking an idea and converting this into handmade designs, I was really excited to be able to contribute to this wonderful New Zealand publication. Thank you to Ellie of Extra Curricular - for happily accepting my offer (plea) of help, and for selecting such a great interviewee. I look forward to seeing the final interview included in issue 4, due out in mid November. I bought my issue 3 from Lark, a divine online and actual shop in Daylesford, Victoria. Lark sells some truly gorgeous, whimsical things and I am tempted, sorely, repeatedly. I highly recommend a visit.

Then, at school pick-up, I was chatting with my friend Lisa who mentioned that she had an advent calendar pattern from Permin of Copenhagen which she had been meaning to start, and suggested that we may make it together, with an aim to finish in time for next Christmas! Gorgeous! I can't wait to see the pattern and get started (and hopefully finished) within the next 12 months and spend more time with Lisa.

Last but not least, I am about to pack for a mini break to Melbourne with my Mum (belated birthday present for me, thank you Mum!) to see the European Masters exhibition at the NGV. Again, I promise a proper blog about this visit, soon.



There you have it - lots of inspirational reasons for my fabulous Thursday!

Have a great sleep, off to bed for happy dreams.

IL
xx

1 comment:

tymez said...

I love Prints Charming and their fabrics. I am making a rocket quilt with one of their hand printed panels.
Love your posts with pictures now! Keep it up. I look forward to seeing more of your projects.
Lorelei